I created this rice bowl to be similar to a risotto. It is a perfect earth and comforting recipes for chilly days and can be coooked using just one pan. Great for quick and easy midweek gluten free vegan meals. I have used basmati rice because I am not a fan of the texture of the arborio rice normally used in risottos.
This one pot rice bowl is gluten free and vegan, It is also nut and soya free
1 clove garlic, finely diced
1 tsp oil
120g (4.2oz) chestnut mushrooms, chopped or sliced
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp parsley
150g basmati rice
1 tbsp tomato paste
750ml vgetable stock
1 tsp dijon mustard
30g (1oz) quinoa
50g (1.7oz) red onion, finely diced
1. Fry the onion in oil for two minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms and fry for one minute.
3. Add all ingredients except the stock and mix well.
4. Pour over the stock and stir to combine with the dry ingredients.
5. Bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 – 20 or until the rice and quinoa are fully cooked, stirring occassionally.