Cheesy Spinach Gluten Free Vegan Lasagne Recipe
480g (17oz) dairy and gluten free white sauce (either homemade or bought)
225g (8oz) dairy free cheese spread
300g (10.5oz) fresh spinach
8 gluten free lasagne sheets (dairy and gluten free)
A handful of cherry tomatoes or 2 tomatoes
Grated dairy free cheese to top
1. If needed prepare the lasagne sheets according to the packet instructions. Some recommend a short pre-boiling before use.
2. Chop the spinach finely using a food processor or by hand and place into a bowl.
3. Melt the cheese spread in a large saucepan over a low heat. Once melted stir in the jar of white sauce and combine well. Finally stir in the chopped spinach and mix well to complete the filling.
4. Spoon a layer of filling into the bottom of an oiled dish (or several small ones for individual portions). Place a single layer of lasagne sheets on top of the filling, cutting or snapping them if required to fit.
5. Continue to layer the filling and lasagne sheets until they have all been used, finishing with a layer of the cheesy spinach filling.
6. Slice the tomatoes and place them on top of the cheesy filling. Top the lasagne with grated cheese.
Note – if you wish the lasagne can be frozen at this point. Allow it to cool, cover, label and freeze until needed.
7. Cook the lasagne at 200C (400F/Gas Mark 6) for 15 – 20 minutes, until the lasagne sheets are tender and the filling is bubbling. If cooking straight from frozen the lasagne will need to be cooked for approximately 40-45 minutes.