This tasty vegetarian pasta dish can be made quickly and easily. It can also be chilled and reheated later. If you omit the Quorn or substitute it for a suitable vegan alternative and use a dairy free cheese sauce powder this vegetarian pasta can also be made vegan.
Serves 2 as a main dish but can also be used as a side dish or served with salad and french bread or baguettes.
1 tbsp olive oil
150g (5oz) gluten free pasta
300ml (10oz) soya milk
4 tbsp cheese sauce powder
150g (5oz) tinned mixed beans (drained weight)
100g (3.5oz) Quorn bacon lardons
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain, rinse and set aside.
2. Fry the Quorn bacon in the olive oil for 5 mins, stirring.
3. Add milk and cheese sauce powder and stir. Bring to the boil stirring constantly until the sauce thickens. Reduce the heat.
5. Add the beans and simmer for 5 minutes to cook the beans.
6. Add the cooked pasta and stir to combine and warm through.
To vary the pasta different types of beans such as haricot, black-eyed, or cannellini could be used. The cheesy bean could also be served on top of spaghetti instead of with pasta.